Hello faithful readers! As I type this, I am contemplating another gorgeous day here in the Northeast, following an equally glorious weekend during which I got my motorcycle out of storage and went on a couple of nice rides! The great weather also finds us planning a vegetable garden. The kitchen is currently overrun with all the necessary ingredients to get things started indoors. It’s an exciting time! As I once read on a sign in the Louisiana swamps, “It don’t get no better than this.”
Here’s a few things I wanted to let you know about:
1. I want to tell you how psyched I am to be working on some brand new songs! With so many new ones cooking already, I’ll be ready to get back into the studio in no time!
2. I’m still planning on releasing my 6th studio CD — The Open Road – later this year. It’s a collection of some of my instrumental piano pieces that are already receiving attention from some big names in the “getting your music into movies and TV” world! (Wooooo!) I can’t wait to share this music with you! Stay tuned for news about the official release date!
3. I’ve been accepted as an artist on StageIt (www.stageit.com), which is a unique online concert venue where an artist can broadcast a show from anywhere in the world via laptop, and viewers like you can tune in online for a nominal ticket price (or tip). I’m planning my first StageIt show and will let you know when it’ll be happening!
4. There are always new adventures awaiting — new venues, new friends. One way to combine these two great things is at a house concert! If you’d like to consider hosting me at a house concert in your home, please reply to this email and we’ll get the conversation started! (And don’t be intimidated by the sound of “house concert”. It’s really just an informal gathering of friends in your home while we all share potluck food and music. Drop me a line and we’ll discuss it!)
5. My gig schedule is always up to date at www.heatherpierson.com.
Hope all is well with you! Thanks, as always, for your love, enthusiasm and support — and Happy Spring!